Last year, I decided to delete my Netflix account. I deleted it and I never looked back. But, then, I kind of hit a show/movie plateau, and somehow a TikTok video about free Netflix showed up on my for you page. Long story short, I signed up for the free trial and -who knew!- I discovered Netflix has finally upped their game! They have added new documentaries and docuseries extremely worth watching in my opinion. 🤐
Why I deleted Netflix
The reason I deleted it in the first place was because I felt all the shows and movies in their catalogue lacked variety and quality. To my surprise, they’ve now added some A+ shows, including amazing Netflix documentaries! In general, I wouldn’t say I’m a documentary gal; but, I wouldn’t say I’m not one either. 😅 These thought-provoking Netflix documentaries really caught my eye, and made me realise how much I enjoy a bit of refined film making! ☺️
10 Netflix documentaries worth watching today
Now, I’m here to share these Netflix documentaries with you! If you’re stuck with what to watch – like I was!- look no further, I’ve got you covered! These are the ten best must-watch documentaries on Netflix this month!
edit: I began writing this post and then I realised I had too many documentaries on my list! 🙈 So, I made this Part 1 and I will post Part 2 next week! 🙌🏽🎬
- Down To Earth with Zac Efron: Actor Zac Efron journeys around the world with wellness expert Darin Olien in a travel show that explores healthy, sustainable ways to live.
- The Social Dilemma: This documentary-drama hybrid explores the dangerous human impact of social networking, with tech experts sounding the alarm on their own creations.
- Seaspiracy: Passionate about ocean life, a filmmaker sets out to document the harm that humans do to marine species — and uncovers alarming global corruption.
- Cowspiracy: The Sustainability Secret: Learn how factory farming is decimating the planet’s natural resources — and why this crisis has been largely ignored by major environmental groups.
- Minimalism: People dedicated to rejecting the American ideal that things bring happiness are interviewed in this documentary showing the virtues of less is more.
- The Mind Explained: Ever wonder what’s happening inside your head? From dreaming to anxiety disorders, discover how your brain works with this illuminating series.
- Blackfish: This documentary explores how long-held misconceptions and harmful living conditions may be causing orca whales to lash out violently toward their trainers.
- Untamed Romania: This documentary explores how the legendary creatures of Romania’s vast wilderness roam free yet endure the ever-changing seasons.
- Jeffrey Eipstein: Filthy Rich: Stories from survivors fuel this docuseries examining how convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein used his wealth and power to carry out his abuses.
- Rotten: This docuseries travels deep into the heart of the food supply chain to reveal unsavory truths and expose hidden forces that shape what we eat.
These are all the 10 best must-watch documentaries on Netflix this month for part 1. Come back next week for part 2!
Tell me in the comments, have you watched any of these already??? What did you make of them? Do you have any good documentary recommendations?
Pin this 📌