Hello, beautiful humans and happy almost-Halloween! 👹 If you are here you probably share my excitement for autumn, Halloween and pumpkins ! ! ! 🎃 There is nothing better than a cup of Earl Grey and a slice of pumpkin bread on a rainy autumnal afternoon.
You will find a lot of pumpkin bread recipes out there, but most of them include eggs, milk, wheat and so on -you know where I’m going with this! This year, I decided to try and make a vegan pumpkin bread. As of lately I am trying to avoid gluten, so I also used gluten-free baking powder and flour, which makes this recipe ideal for people with allergies and food intolerances. This recipe does require nuts, but if you are allergic you can easily skip them.
It took me a few tries, because -who knew!- pumpkin purée can be a bit tricky to work with in baking. However, I am very happy to present this ultimate vegan pumpkin bread recipe, which works like a charm!
You can have it for breakfast or as an afternoon pick me up treat with your favourite tea or pumpkin spice coffee!
As always, if you try this recipe do leave a comment below!
I would love to see how your bread turned out!🥰
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 35-40 min
Serves: Makes 1 small loaf
1 cup gluten free flour
5-6 chopped prunes
1tsp pumpkin spice
2/3 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
3/4 cup dairy free milk
2/4 cup pure pumpkin purée
30g old fashioned gluten free oats
2 tsp seed mix
1 tsp chia seeds
pinch of salt
Optional: chopped dark chocolate
*I used this 0.25L measuring cup for all my cup measurements
- Mix all the ingredients apart from the milk with a large spoon or silicon spatula in a large bowl. Don’t overwork the mixture, we only want everything incorporated.
- Fold in the milk little by little.
- Use a bit of coconut oil to oil the sides of a loaf tin. You can use parchment paper at the bottom of the tin if you wish.
- Bake the pumpkin bread in pre-heated oven for 35-40 minutes at 180 C, depending on the strength of your oven.
- Let the bread cool down once out of the oven. It is normal for it to not rise a lot – it is the gf flour and baking powder.
- Enjoy! (and leave a comment below, so I can drool over your creations!! 🤗)
Ly all and stay safe! 💋